1. Applications and/or Gadget refers to any computer program accessible from our Gosocket Platform and can be used by users (both free and paid).
2. “User” the terms “User”, “Users”, “you” and “your” shall be construed as applicable and refer to anyone who accesses and uses our Gosocket Platform, Applications and/or Gadget (whether that person has paid for such use or not).
3. “Act” refers to the Law of Private Life Protection and Processing of Personal Data in the Republic of Chile (Law 19628 on privacy protection, enacted on 18/08/1999, and published on 28-08 -1999. This Act has been amended by Law 20575, which establishes the principle of finality in the processing of personal data, adopted on 14-02-2012, and published on 17-02-2012.)
3. Please read the following in order to learn about our perspective and our practices regarding your personal information, and how, as controllers of data which you provide, we will treat this information.
4. The data provided by the different levels of users will only be used for purposes for which it was provided unless it originates from a publically accessible source (public or low risk data) which could be the Tax ID of the company, the company name and contact information.
5. The reserved or medium risk data that may be involved in relation to electronic documents, electronic invoice, and provided payment information shall be subject to the guarantee of being accessible only to the sender and/or recipient thereof.
6. The data collected through Gosocket Platform and/or related sites may be stored and processed for statistical purposes, provided that it is impossible to identify the owners.
7. Gosocket will not disclose user data to third parties unless the holder of the information so indicates or when obligated by law. If third parties contact us requesting user data, we will tell them to request it directly from you. To this end, we may provide basic contact information to them. If we find ourselves forced to reveal your user data to third parties, we would employ all commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance, unless the law prevents us from doing so.
4. Information We may collect from you. Why We need it? and how We use it?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
2. When you register on our Site:
- What information we collect: When you register on our Site, we will collect data about your user name, the country where it conducts business and an email address.
- Why we need this data: We need your user name to authenticate your user account, so that you can benefit from our services. We need your email address to send you a profile activation link, so you can receive business documents and requests through the network. We also need your email address in case you forget your password or wish to receive emails with news about our services or about any changes to our policy or terms and conditions. We will enter your IP address to avoid the presence of spam, scams or illegitimate uses of our Gosocket Platform. We will store this data only for the time necessary to provide our services, unless for legal reasons or exceptional circumstances, we are required to retain such information for a longer period of time.
- How we use this information: We will not disclose your system access data (username, email, password and IP address) to anyone, unless the circumstances are specified in Clause 8 (Disclosure of Information).
- You may occasionally receive emails with news, updates and offers. You can disable this service by clicking “Unsubscribe” on any of these messages.
When you contact us or send us a comment on our Gosocket Platform:
1. If you send us feedback on our Gosocket Platform or you contact us for any other reason, we may keep your messages for as long as we deem necessary in order to improve the services we offer, unless, by law or in exceptional circumstances, it is necessary to retain such information for a longer period of time. If you have questions or complaints regarding our data use policy or practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Generally, the use of our Gosocket Platform is free of cost. However, there are a number of services (for example, some Gadgets) that you can buy. If you want to enjoy one of our paid services, we will direct you to make the payment through the designated site.
2. What information we collect: the site of the payment provider will provide to us and we will store the date in which you made the payment and the date on which your account with the payments provider will expire, along with a generic number. We do not retain your name, business address or your payment data (eg, data from your credit card), but it is possible that the provider which managed the transaction will retain this information.
3. Why we need this data: we retain this information because it allows us to know when your account will expire. We need the reference to your order to associate your order with your account. We will retain this information for up to two years, unless, by law or in exceptional circumstances, it is necessary to retain such information for a longer period of time.
1. We may collect information about your general use of the internet using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used on a generalized level for the proper functioning of websites, or to make them work more effectively, and to provide information about the owner of the site. The table below includes information about the cookies used on our Site. This cookie is essential for our Site and allows us to:
- Calculate the volume of visitors and pattern of use of the Site;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site and deals available to suit your personal interests;
- Recognize you when you return to our Site;
- That certain third parties (such as Google) can send you specific advertising material based on your browsing preferences history.
6. Where We store your Personal Information?
1. All information you provide will be stored on our secure servers. If we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password. Please do not tell anyone your password.
2. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at risk. Once we have received your information, we will use rigorous safety procedures and criteria in order to prevent unauthorized access.
7. Updating your Personal Information
1. We need your to help ensure that the personal data provided by you is accurate and up-to-date. You can correct or update any of your personal data through the Preferences page of your account.
2. If you want to delete your account, you can eliminate your profile through the Preferences page of your account. After deleting your account, we store your personal data for the time defined in Clause 22.214.171.124.
8. Disclosure of your Information
1. In the event that Gosocket became part of a group of companies, we may disclose your information to any member of that group, or to any of the Gosocket subsidiary companies, or to its parent company and its subsidiaries.
2. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Gosocket or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case all personal information held by Gosocket about its Users will be one of the assets to be transferred, or
9. Access to Information
1. User Rights: The User may at any time exercise the rights granted by Law No. 19,628 on the protection of privacy and its subsequent amendments. Specifically, you can:
- Access the data relating to you, its origin and recipient, the purpose of storage and the identification of the persons or entities to which the data has been transmitted;
- Request to change your personal data when it is incorrect or not up-to-date.
- Request the removal or deletion of data delivered whenever you want, as it is no longer necessary or relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or recorded.
- To exercise their rights, the User may contact email@example.com clearly stating your request.
2. The Act gives you the right to access information collected about you. You can exercise your right of access according to the law. Any access request may be subject to a fee that covers our transmission service for the information we hold about you. Please send your request(s) to access your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate, temporary or permanent right to use our Site and/or our software without refund;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Adoption of new legal action against you, or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably necessary.